to Selling Your Home
* Your Realtor will meet with you in your home and explain
the process and paperwork. You will be shown listings of homes
comparable to yours that have sold recently, as well as an
estimate of closing costs. Your agent will also give you tips
on how to make your home show at its best.
* You will sign several forms, to include a listing agreement
with your agent, a seller's disclosure to inform potential
buyers what amenities your home has, and a list of showing
instructions to tell your agent how/when you would like your
* Your agent will list your property in the Multiple Listing
Service, on the Heights Discount Realty website, and on Realtor.com.
You will be asked to approve your listings on all of these
sites, and changes will be made if requested.
* A sign will be placed in your yard with an attached flyer
box. Your agent will keep you stocked with color flyers.
* Realtors with access to the Multiple Listing Service will
call your agent to arrange showings of your home. Your agent
will contact you to set up these showings.
* When a buyer makes an offer, you will receive it in writing,
listing all the terms of the closing, including date, price,
closing costs, etc. Generally an earnest money deposit is
also included with this offer. Your agent will bring you the
offer and go over it with you.
* You may accept, reject or counteroffer. Your agent will
negotiate with the buyer's agent, making changes in the paperwork
* When all term in the contract are agreed upon and signed,
your agent will deliver the contract and the earnest money
to the title company.
* The buyer may have your home inspected during the first
week of the contract. You may be asked to make some repairs
* A termite inspection may be done.
* An appraisal will be ordered by the buyer's lender.
* A survey will be done; this is a map of your lot, showing
your lot boundaries, and the position of your house on the
* The buyer's mortgage company will finalize their loan documents
and send them to the title company.
* The title company will print up all the paperwork required
for closing, including a closing statement showing all the
fees and closing costs.
* You will meet your Realtor at the title company to sign
the closing documents. If you are receiving money from the
transaction, the title company can wire it to your account
or write a check. This is generally done the day after closing.
If you are preparing to sell your home, now is the time to
call Heights Discount Realty. Our professionals will walk
you through the entire process, introduce you to our services
firsthand, and work with you to plan the sale of your home.
Call us today at 254-462-1226 or send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.